Endocrinology refers to the study of the endocrine glands in the body, their respective hormones produced and their related diseases. Specimens for endocrine testing must arrive at Diagnostic Services before 10 AM on the day the assay is to be run. The assay schedule for in-house, routine testing (cortisol, progesterone, T3, T4 and TSH) is the mornings of Tuesday through Friday. Referral tests (e.g. estrone sulphate, testosterone, estradiol) are forwarded to an external laboratory for testing as they arrive.
For more information about available tests and submission requirements, please contact the laboratory at 902-566-0860 or visit the Available Tests section of this website.
- Submission Form
- Sample Collection and Handling for Endocrine Testing
- Endocrine Reference Intervals
- ACTH Stimulation Testing Protocols – Canine & Feline
- ACTH Stimulation Testing Protocols – Equine
- Dexamethasone Suppression Testing Protocols – Canine & Feline
- Dexamethasone Suppression Testing Protocol – Equine
- Frequently Asked Canine and Feline Adrenal and Thyroid Questions