Profile includes: TT4, TT3, FT4 ed, FT3, T4AA, T3AA, TSH, TgAA
- 2.0 ml serum collected after 8-10 hour fast. Avoid hemolysis and lipemia. Animal must not have received thyroid therapy for 3 months prior to sampling.
- Freeze prior to shipment. Must arrive below 60 F – as per OFA criteria. Please strictly adhere to instructions as given on the OFA submission form. Samples must be received either chilled or frozen in order to be accepted for registry.
- Completed OFA application form must be enclosed. Send the sample, in the frozen state, and OFA application to Diagnostic Services.
- The samples are referred to the Diagnostic Center for Population and Animal Health, Michigan State University.
- Owner must submit a separate $15.00 US payment by credit card to the OFA that must accompany the specimen and application.
- Results are not available by telephone but will be mailed/faxed to the address of the client. Diagnostic Services will not receive a copy of the results or be able to retrieve a copy from Michigan State. OFA certification results are only available from the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (573) 442-0418.
Fees -in addition to the $15.00 US fee to the OFA
A fee of $76.00 US will be billed to the submitting clinic by Michigan State.
A fee of $75.00 Cdn will be billed to the submitting clinic by Diagnostic Services.
Call Lab for further details if required – 902-566-0860
TEST CODE: OFA
|Turn Around Time (Days):||10-15 days|
2 ml separated serum
|Test Fee:||*You can only see pricing if you are logged in.|
|Go to the Submission Forms page.|