Diagnostic Services has been an integral component of the Atlantic Veterinary College at the University of Prince Edward Island since the College opened in 1986. Over these last 30 years, we have fulfilled the diagnostic and research needs of clients in the Atlantic Provinces, across Canada and abroad and we are excited to continue with these endeavors. Our professional, technical and administrative staff has vast experience and take pride in offering outstanding customer service while meeting the needs of the aquatic, agricultural, companion, avian and wildlife communities. We also support the regulatory needs of government agencies. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any requests and read our Diagnostic Update for laboratory news regarding testing, staff and interesting clinical cases (posted to your clinic or available on-line) and are archived on our web-site.
We are proud to offer the Veterinary Laboratory Association Quality Assurance Program® (VLA-QAP) here at the Atlantic Veterinary College – an external proficiency program offering a specially designed proficiency test kit for veterinary laboratories. It provides a confidential means of comparing your laboratory’s internal test results to those of your peers in the animal health field. It also provides a way to verify the successful execution of diagnostic methods, sample handling, and data collection within the laboratory. Please visit www.vlaqap.org for more information.
It is Diagnostic Services’ policy and mission to provide and maintain accurate and reliable results to its clients by ensuring the highest standard of analytical and diagnostic testing services in accordance with CAN-P-4E (ISO/IEC 17025:2017) and all other applicable client and regulatory requirements. Diagnostic Services’ also strives to provide clients results for the requested tests within the expected turnaround times.
Diagnostic Services personnel and Management are committed to compliance with this Quality Manual, CAN-P-4E (ISO/IEC 17025:2005) and all other applicable quality documents, regulations and contract agreements through effective training. Diagnostic Services personnel and Management are also committed to continually improve the quality of laboratory operations and the effectiveness of the Quality Management System to meet the needs of its clients.
- All personnel are adequately trained, possess proficient skills to perform their assigned tasks, and are familiar and comply with all Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- The principles, methodologies, equipment, reagents, supplies, interpretations and other relevant information pertaining to diagnostic and analytical procedures conducted in Diagnostic Services are documented and made available to all laboratory personnel.
- All testing equipment is properly maintained and monitored to ensure meeting the applicable required standards and specifications.
- All chemicals, reagents and supplies are of suitable quality and meet the specifications required for use in diagnostic and analytical testing procedures.
- The facilities are appropriately designed for performing efficient and safe testing activities, and where applicable, for adequately separating areas designated for “clean” procedures, such as tissue culture, or other incompatible activities from areas where specimens are received, processed and tested.
- Sample handling and management practices incorporate adequate procedures for ensuring the security, receipt, identification, storage and disposal of all samples.
- The data management system incorporates adequate procedures for ensuring the security, accurate recording, validation, authorization, reporting, storage, retrieval and disposal of testing data, results and associated records.
- All laboratory work is performed in a safe manner for the benefit of the staff and the general public.
- Workload management procedures are adequate to ensure that acceptable testing turnaround times and provision of quality service are consistently achieved.
- An adequate mechanism for problem solving and corrective action is established, documented and implemented.
Diagnostic Services Atlantic Veterinary College
University of Prince Edward Island 550 University Avenue Charlottetown, PE C1A 4P3
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Saturday 8:00AM – 4:00PM (limited testing available)
For Results and General Inquires
Electron Microscopy: 902-566-0849
Post Mortem/Biopsy: 902-566-0864
Quality Assurance Program: 902-566-0990
Diagnostic Laboratories: 902-566-0723
Post Mortem: 902-566-0871
- Bacteriology and Mycology
- Biochemistry & Special Chemistry
- Reference Intervals
- Specimen Submission and Reporting